Authentication does not work. What should I do?
After you enter DKIM and SPF records to your DNS zone, they might still be inactive in your account:
Don’t worry, there are several things to check:
- Make sure that records that you’ve paste to your DNS zone are 100% the same as in your MailerLite account. Even one space or another letter will cause a mistake.
- Wait a bit longer – information might take up to 24 hours to update depending on your system.
- Your records might need some editing which depends on the system you’re using. Please see the screenshots below.
- You may check if your record is active and correctly set up with this third party tool: http://dkimcore.org/tools/keycheck.html Below `Check a published DKIM Core Key` line enter `ml` in the “Selector” field and your domain in the “Domain Name” field, then click `check` below.
- You can check if your SPF record is correctly set up with this online third party tool: http://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html
- Instead of adding DKIM as ml._domainkey.yourcompany.com, you should add only ml._domainkey (as you can see the second part is already there by default). The same with SPF – you can leave an empty space or write “@” or ‘.’ in some cases:
- If you see that all the other records are written with quotation marks from both sides – go ahead and do the same.