Getting Started with MailerLite
- What is MailerLite?
- How do I start?
- Getting your account approved
- Complete your profile
- Verify your website domain
- Waiting for approval
- Import your subscribers
- Create your first campaign
- Send your first campaign
- How to analyze the campaign reports?
- Navigating in your account
What is MailerLite?
MailerLite is a simple email marketing solution for smart small business. The key idea behind our solution is simplicity. We provide our customers with simple and user friendly content editor, simplified subscriber management and campaign reports with the most important statistics.
All features are included in Forever Free plan. If you have more than 1,000 subscribers – check out our affordable paid plans!
How do I start? It’s super simple!
Let’s begin with signing up for a Free plan. Click the blue button in the top right hand corner. You will see the Sign Up page where you need to provide your Company name, Email address and choose a Password:
Once you’re done, click on “Create My Account”. You will be redirected to your new MailerLite account.
Immediately after you signup we will send you a verification email. Just click the button to verify and you will be taken back to your new MailerLite account.
Getting your account approved
After creating a MailerLite account, you’ll need to complete 2 steps to validate your account:
- Complete your profile
- Verify your website domain
Complete your profile
Verify your website domain
Your website verification consists of two steps. The first step is to enter your website URL :
The second step is to enter your domain email address:
✎ NOTE: Domain email is needed to start using our service because the majority providers simply block newsletters from public addresses like gmail or yahoo etc. Therefore we also require domain email to maximize the deliverability rates of your campaigns.
Waiting for approval
Once you complete the 2 steps required for account approval, we will start reviewing your account.
Usually the approval takes from 15 minutes up to 4 hours, but sometimes it might take longer – up to 1 day. After we review your account – a notification email is sent to all administrators of the account.
Import your subscribers
Importing subscribers to MailerLite is really easy. Just follow these steps:
1. Click on the “Subscribers” tab.
2. Now click on “Add new group” (orange button on your top right).
3. Type in your group name and press “Create”.
4. Enter the group and click on “Add the first subscribers to your new group”.
5. Now choose one of the ways to upload your list.
Create your first campaign
After uploading your list it’s time to create your first campaign:
1. Click on “Campaigns”, you will see the orange button “Create your first Email“.
2. Once clicked, you will see a new page with 4 campaign types. After selecting the campaign type you will be greeted with 3 options that you can choose from: drag & drop editor, rich text editor or HTML editor.
- Regular is for normal campaigns.
- A/B Split Campaign let’s you test various campaign alterations to see which performs better.
- Auto Resend option let’s you automatically resend the campaign to those subscribers who did not open it.
- RSS campaigns allows you to connect your website’s RSS feed with MailerLite. Send automatic emails to your subscribers every time you publish something new.
4. Check your “From” field, sender’s email address (make sure you are using your own registered domain) and select newsletter language. Once done, click “NEXT”.
5. Select one of our editors to create the campaign or select one of the pre-made templates.
☛ Check out this introduction video on how to Quick Start your campaign and how the Drag&Drop editor works. If you want to create a simple text campaign – choose the Rich Text Editor. Have a ready-made HTML campaign and want to upload it – choose the HTML editor.
6. Design your campaign. Check out our Newsletter Gallery for inspiration. Once you’re done – click “Done Editing”.
7. Select your group of subscribers and click “NEXT: Review and Confirm”.
8. We recommend sending a test email to yourself to check how it will look for your customers.
✎ NOTE: Test emails that are sent using the “Send Test Email” button sometimes end up in spam folder because of the additional word “Test” added in the subject field. This does not happen with the regular campaigns.
9. Your campaign is ready to be sent!
Send your first campaign
After your account is approved – you need to click the SEND button and send the campaign or schedule it to be sent later. You can also add Google Analytics tags if you have a GA account. Once clicked SEND, the campaign will appear in Outbox folder.
How to analyze the campaign reports?
After the campaign is sent, it will be moved from Outbox to Sent folder. You can view the reports easily:
1. Navigate to your Sent folder and find your campaign in the top of the list. You will immediately see the number of recipients and the percentage of opens and clicks.
2. Click “View Report“.
3. You will see the detailed statistics of Opened, Clicked, Unsubscribed, Spam Complaints, Bounces and more.
Navigating in your account
You can find the most important menu tabs in the top navigation bar:
- Dashboard – displays your latest campaign and its statistics. Below the campaign section you will see the list of your unique subscribers and unique subscribers used.
- Campaigns – allows you to create a new campaign, view & analyze reports, copy and edit created campaigns.
- Subscribers – create groups, upload your subscribers and manage your lists.
- Webforms – create subscription forms and embed them into your website.
- Automation – use these to send automated campaigns immediately when a new subscriber joins your list or schedule to send later.
- Upgrade – if you have more than 1,000 unique subscribers you can upgrade to one of our affordable plans.
- Refer a friend (♡) – share MailerLite with your friends and they’ll get a $20 credit when they sign up. If they end up upgrading, you’ll get a $20 credit too.
In the top right hand corner you can find your User Menu:
- My Profile – upload your photo, enter your name, view login details and change your password.
- Users – add a new user or administrator.
- Account Settings – change your account name, timezone, default sender information, option to switch off MailerLite logo in paid plans.
- Integrations – advanced users can view various integrations available. Find your API key, integrate with Facebook, WordPress, Shopify and other.
- Authentication – advanced option to add txt values to your DNS zone and manage authentication on your own. It is recommended for you to authenticate your own registered sender domain.
- Subscribe Settings – enable double opt-in for API and integrations if you want to send confirmation emails to subscribers who join through API or an integration.
- Unsubscribe Page – modify the page that your subscribers see when they click on the unsubscribe link in your campaign.
- Notifications – enter your email address to get quick email alerts when subscribers join or unsubscribe, end-of-the-day summary of subscribe and unsubscribe activity or billing notifications
- Switch Account – this option allows you to switch to another account, in case you have several accounts.
- Change Language – changes the language of the interface.
- Help – have quick access to our knowledge base and video tutorials.
- Product updates – take a look what features are coming and what was recently released.