Getting Started with MailerLite
- What is MailerLite?
- How do I start?
- Getting your account approved
- Verify your email
- Complete your profile
- Import your subscribers
- Create your first campaign
- Waiting for approval
- Send your first campaign
- How to analyze the campaign reports?
- Navigating in your account
What is MailerLite?
MailerLite is a simple email marketing solution for smart small business. The key idea behind our solution is simplicity. We provide our customers with simple and user friendly content editor, simplified subscriber management and campaign reports with the most important statistics.
All features are included in Forever Free plan. If you have more than 1,000 subscribers – check out our affordable paid plans!
How do I start? It’s super simple!
Let’s begin with signing up for a Free plan. Click the blue button in the top right hand corner. You will see the Sign Up page where you need to provide your Company name, Email address and choose a Password:
Once you’re done, click on “Create My Account”. You will be redirected to your new MailerLite account.
Getting your account approved
After creating a MailerLite account, you’ll need to complete 4 steps to validate your account: verify your email, complete your profile, import your subscribers and create a campaign.
Verify your email
Immediatelly after you signup we will send you a verification email. Just click the button to verify and you will be taken back to your new MailerLite account.
Complete your profile
Tell us about you and your company.
Import your subscribers
Importing subscribers to MailerLite is really easy. Just follow these steps:
1. Click on the “Subscribers” tab.
2. Now click on “Add new group” (orange button on your top right).
3. Type in your group name.
4. Enter the group and click on “Add the first subscribers to your new group”.
5. Now choose one of the ways to upload your list.
Create your first campaign
After uploading your list it’s time to create your first campaign:
1. Click on “Campaigns”, you will see the orange button “Create Campaign”.
2. Once clicked, you will see a new page with 3 campaign type options. Regular is for normal campaigns, A/B Split Campaign let’s you test various campaign alterations to see which performs better, Auto Resend option let’s you automatically resend the campaign to those subscribers who did not open it.
4. Check your “From” field, sender’s email address (make sure you are using your own registered domain) and select newsletter language. Once done, click “NEXT”.
5. Select one of our editors to create the campaign or select one of the pre-made templates. Check out introduction video on how the Drag&Drop editor works. If you want to create a simple text campaign – choose the Rich Text Editor. Have a ready-made HTML campaign and want to upload it – choose the HTML editor.
6. Design your campaign. Check out our Newsletter Gallery for inspiration. Once you’re done – click “NEXT”.
7. Select your group of subscribers and click “Review and Confirm”.
8. We recommend sending a test email to yourself to check how it will look for your customers. Please note that Test emails that are sent using the “Send Test Email” button sometimes end up in spam folder because of the additional word “Test” added in the subject field. This does not happen with the regular campaigns.
9. Your campaign is ready to be sent. However, while your account is not approved, you can send only for up to 10 subscribers.
Waiting for approval
Once you complete the 4 steps required for account approval, we will start reviewing your account.
Usually the approval takes from 15 minutes up to 4 hours, but sometimes it might take longer – up to 1 day. After we review your account – a notification email is sent to all administrators of the account.
Please note that this approval is needed only first time and whenever you decide to upgrade your plan. Read more about the approval process.
Send your first campaign
After your account is approved – you need to click the SEND button and send the campaign or schedule it to be sent later. You can also add Google Analytics tags if you have a GA account. Once clicked SEND, the campaign will appear in Outbox folder.
How to analyze the campaign reports?
After the campaign is sent, it will be moved from Outbox to Sent folder. You can view the reports easily:
1. Navigate to your Sent folder and find your campaign in the top of the list. You will immediately see the number of recipients and the percentage of opens and clicks.
2. Click “View Report“.
3. You will see the detailed statistics of Top Email Clients, Reading Environment, Spam Complaints, Bounces and more.
Navigating in your account
You can find the most important menu tabs in the top navigation bar:
- Campaigns – allows you to create a new campaign, view & analyze reports, copy and edit created campaigns.
- Subscribers – create groups, upload your subscribers and manage your lists.
- Webforms – create subscription forms, get HTML code and embed them into your website.
- Automation – use these to send automated campaigns immediately when a new subscriber joins your list or schedule to send later.
- Upgrade – if you have more than 1,000 unique subscribers you can upgrade to one of our affordable plans.
- Help – contact our fast & friendly customer support via in-app chat.
In the top right hand corner you can find your User Menu:
- My info – upload your photo, enter your name, view login details and change your password.
- Users – add a new user or administrator.
- Account Settings – change your account name, timezone, default sender information, option to switch off MailerLite logo in paid plans.
- Integrations – advanced users can view various integrations available. Find your API key, integrate with Facebook, WordPress, SumoMe and other.
- Authentication – advanced option to add txt values to your DNS zone and manage authentication on your own. It is recommended for you to authenticate your own registered sender domain.
- Unsubscribe Page – modify the page that your subscribers see when they click on the unsubscribe link in your campaign.
- Change Account – this option allows you to switch to another account, in case you have several accounts.
- Change Language – changes the language of the interface.