How do I import subscribers from a file?
It is very easy to import all of your contacts at once into your account.
You can use 3 file types that are compatible with MailerLite:
- Excel files
This is useful to know before you try to import a file:
- If your list of subscribers contains non-English characters, ensure the file is saved using UTF-8 encoding before you import it. Most text editors, such as Notepad and TextEdit, offer encoding options when you save the file.
- All information on Excel file has to be on one sheet.
- There should be no spaces before/after the record.
- Here’s an example how excel file should look like:
Now let’s see how you can add subscribers to your account.
1. Navigate to Subscribers link in the top menu.
2. Click Create your first subscriber group or the button Add new group:
3. Enter the group name and choose which way you’re going to import your subscribers (please note that Excel files are pasted to the system, not uploaded from the computer as CSV and TXT):
4. You will be asked to match file columns with the custom fields. You can skip this step if you’re not planning to use additional data in your campaigns.